Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Knitter's Handbook

Inside...
I never go anywhere that I plan to knit without The Knitter's Handbook (fortunately it comes in a portable size and weight, unlike many other things I carry along daily). Too bad I can't get it loaded onto my BlackBerry, then I would have one less thing to keep track of! It also shows signs of constant use because I have those little post-it yellow tabs hanging out of some of the important (right now!) pages. This is the one book you can keep at your side no matter what and get your problem solved.

This handbooks is 100% essential skills and helpful hints, abbreviations, terms and of course stitch illustrations and instructions. I have found things in this book that I thought I knew how to do right and learn, hey! This is really the way I should be doing this!

Includes as well a chapter on Crochet, because sometimes knitters encounter the need to crochet, and we all don't do it often enough to remember how it's done.

The Book...
Contents: basics-bind-offs--buttons, buttonholes & zippers--cables--cast-ons--circular knitting--color--crochet--decreases--edges & borders--extras--grafts & seams--increases--lace--shaping--symbols & charts--index--quick access

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to send in a terrific book suggestion? Include a description of what made it so great for you, and please include yarn types and gauges for any projects you used from it.

Your comment submission will be moderated.